Read more about Melissa
WelcomeDr Melissa Connell is a centrally based Brisbane clinical psychologist offering counselling and psychological services to young people and adults. Melissa helps people who are experiencing a range of psychological or emotional difficulties. If you are struggling with a problem you can’t resolve on your own, talking to a psychologist can help you to understand your difficulties and manage them more effectively. If you are considering therapy and have questions or concerns you would like to discuss, Melissa can talk to you about what therapy could offer and whether it would be beneficial for you.
Therapy available for:
- Anxiety (e.g. generalised anxiety, panic attacks)
- Trauma (e.g. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder or coping with a traumatic event or loss)
- Relationship difficulties
- Emotion regulation problems
- Problems with self-confidence or low self esteem
- Sleep problems
- Managing stress
- Eating disorders
- Anger management difficulties
- Specific phobias
- Social anxiety
- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Articles of Interest
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy is a psychological treatment that can help people with emotional an...
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is a relatively short term, focused approach to the treatment...
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) gets it name from one of its core messages: accept what...